Area of Operation: Kisumu County.
Reports to: Household Economic Strengthening Officer
The HES Assistant will support HES Officer in capacity strengthening by providing training, majorly on SILC and technical support to households and Caregiver groups, focusing on implementing and managing farm enterprises, financial education, market opportunity identification/assessment, entrepreneurship and business development services with the goal of achieving STABLE Domain in Case management.
- Work closely with HES Officer on day to day operations and planning of all activities.
- Work with the Case Management Systems tools to track household progress.
- Facilitate group interactions through regular communication and site visits to support the successful implementation of HES project activities across project area.
- Supervising and capacity building of HES mobilizers through refresher training and guiding on HES tools administration to achieve desired and accurate results.
- Collaborate with case managers at the site offices towards achieving HH graduation.
- Build capacity of groups on SMART skills to better manage enterprises and engage with established markets and new market linkages.
- Train SILC groups in 7 Steps of Marketing (market analysis, access to information and inputs, working with financial institutions, business plan development) and link them to local markets, existing associations, financial institutions and stakeholders working in the agriculture sector.
- Work closely with Farmer to Farmer to provide technical assistance to farmer-focused SILC and caregiver groups where appropriate.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track implementation of the project with minimum wastage of project resources.
- Ensure a culture of accountability and learning through regular monitoring to project sites, providing oversight of studies and assessments and proper documentation of tools and promising practices to contribute to learning and building the evidence around economic strengthening, household graduation and transition.
- Document project results and impact in various forms, including media stories, lessons learnt, case studies and client satisfaction.
- HES data entry into different system and generating reports as may be required by the office on timely basis.
- Attending and participating in HES related training and workshops as will be directed by the office.
- Knowledge of microfinance, SILC, Village Saving and loaning and Table banking.
- Networking skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically, and work effectively within a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Community development, agricultural economics, Agricultural Education and Extension, Agri-business management, Business administration or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with local community development project preferably with microfinance institutions or USG funded project.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with small scale farmers and/or value-chain development, business development, entrepreneurship, financial services with a focus on vulnerable populations with USG funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, organization, management and mediation among local actors and partner capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in training, design, delivery and mentoring in subject matter relevant to this position.
- Must be a holder of Valid Motor cycle riding licence.
Travel within the project area at least 90%
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter with current and expected salary, CV, copies of relevant certificates. Attach a copy of police clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct)
Address to THE DIRECTOR GZA-CBO, PO BOX 2123-40100
Or deliver to GZA office along Kisumu-Busia rd. next to Shell Filling Station at Tiengre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; GZA does not charge any fee for these positions.