FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT.
Job Description Details
The Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) is responsible for providing support in the various finance and administration functions, which include bookkeeping, financial management, procurement, recruitment, staffing and employee welfare. The FAA will also support in preparation and generation of various reports for employee and management action.
Key Functions of the Job
The Finance and administration Assistant will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Support the preparation of payment voucher, cheques and petty cash payments when required to.
- Assists the finance department in the preparation of the annual operations plan
- Ensure that any financial policies are implemented and adhered to, under the guidance of the Finance and administration Officer
- Point out any queries’ that may arise in the course of his/her work for the attention of the immediate supervisor
- Compile and update the inventory and fixed asset registers of all the sites as assets are acquired.
- Spearhead monthly inventory/stock control audits.
- Assist with establishment of proper record keeping and filing for reporting.
- Support in the procurement process.
- Manage office petty cash
- Ensure that staff are well facilitated
- Act for the finance officer in his/her absence.
- At all times ensure that personal data of donors, sponsors, beneficiaries and their families as well as GZA CBO co-workers Is handled with confidentially and in integrity.
- Support in monthly project financial reporting
- Provide support during external and internal audits
- Ensuring accurate and proper record keeping of employee information.
- Participate in the reviewing of the Organization’s HR policies.
- Manage both vehicle and personnel logs for the organization.
- Developing short term and long term Human Resource planning strategies.
- Management of employee relations including employees’ disciplinary issues, grievances and conflicts and documenting the evidence.
- Support in the management of staff attendance and leaves.
- Supervise the office assistants, drivers, storekeepers and security personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration and Finance
- At least 3 years’ experience in Finance, administration and Human resource
- Possess working knowledge in labor and employment laws.
- Hands on Experience in Ms excel and QuickBooks Accounting software
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementation of US Government-funded projects.
- Professional Qualification at least CPA Part 3
Additional Required Qualities:
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work for long hours.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 10%