Reporting to the MEL Officer, the Data Assistant is primarily responsible for data entry of and addressing system/hardware challenges, data cleaning, verification, validation and updating of the records to (GZA) OVC project in co-ordination with the Case Managers and case workers. S/He will ensure proper data entry and filing system for the data collected in the field as per SOP.
- Ensure OVC/household folders are established in an effective and efficient manner and is up to date and filing is done as per SOP.
- Working with project staff to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data and verify accuracy of data before entry into (CPIMS) and any electronic systems.
- Prepare data collection and analysis tools and distribute to Case Workers.
- Weekly targeted household visits to verify data at the HH Level.
- Ensure prompt entry of all data from source documents into summary registers or data bases in the required format.
- Generates summary reports and responds to enquiries regarding CPIMS and OVC databases to the Case Managers and beneficiaries.
- Maintain confidentiality of information on source documents and in databases.
- Report monthly, quarterly and yearly progress of all project activities to the supervisor and organization as required
- Provide mentorship, guidance and supervision to the Case Workers on filling and filing OVC documents.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily and backing up data.
- Coordinates with the Case Managers in ensuring that required data is timely sent to project MEL Officer.
- Custodian of all MEL SOPs at site level.
- Ensure monthly Data Review meetings are planned, undertaken and reported.
- Updating talking walls with monthly data including but not limited to validity, suppression and retention.
- Any other duty as will be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Diploma in IT or Health Records or relevant academic qualification. A degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as a Data Assistant or equivalent for at least 3 years working with CPIMS is desirable.
- 3 years data entry and data cleaning experience in a USAID funded OVC project will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of fast typing/data entry skills is strongly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS office Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle with valid motor cycle riding license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.